Madrix 3.6g Crashing, Refusing to Open

This forum is assigned for bug reporting of Version 3.X. Please be as accurate as possible.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

comeauxn712

Madrix 3.6g Crashing, Refusing to Open

Post by comeauxn712 »

I am having a strange set of issues with Madrix 3.6g on my PC. After using the program for anywhere between 5 and 30 minutes the program will freeze and I will have to force quit the application. When I reopen it the splash screen will get stuck where it says "Primary GPU - max multi samples: 0". I then have to use the Madrix Restore program to reset to the defaults and fail safe settings. I can then reopen the program and start from scratch. This last time I was able to rebuild my patch, enable my previews, and program in a number of slots of plain colors. I began to add some color scrolls and got the error message "failed to create thread" when I went to switch to a new slot. I couldn't save or do anything in the program, and couldn't reopen it again. I am only programming a 2x10 grid and the PC is way overkill for what we need. Any ideas as to what is causing this?

Setup:
- Madrix 3.6g with 64 Universe Key
- Enttec Datagate MK2
- 20 SIRS-E LED Pixel-12

PC:
- Custom Built PC running Windows 10 Pro
- Intel i7-5820K CPU
- Asus ROG GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Gaming Video Card
- 32GB RAM (4x8GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4)
- 120GB Kingston SSD
- Asus ROG Rampage V Edition 10 Motherboard
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Madrix 3.6g Crashing, Refusing to Open

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi there!

I am very sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues.

Could you please send your request to info@madrix.com
It will be much easier to provide technical support. In your message, can you please add your Setup file as well as your MADRIX Logfile that shows the errors?

For the Setup file: In the MADRIX Software, go to 'File > Save Setup As…' and enter a name.
For the Logfile, go to 'Tools > Logfile… > Save As...' and enter a name for the Logfile.

Please send us the files by e-mail.
Thank you very much!
comeauxn712

Re: Madrix 3.6g Crashing, Refusing to Open

Post by comeauxn712 »

I was finally able to track down the root of our problems. Our troubleshooting led us to the GPU, we were able to see that when Madrix 3 or 5 was running, the dedicated GPU memory usage would gradually fill up until it maxed out (for us 8GB) at which point the program would say "unable to create EffectThread" or would simply quit and reopen. The problem ended up being with a program that was running simultaneously.

There was a realtek audio driver program installed as part of the motherboard setup, called Sonic Suite. When this program was running at the same time as Madrix 3 or 5 it caused the odd GPU memory issue. Quitting that program completely (it would run hidden in the system tray) solved the problem! I was able to uninstall this to avoid future issues since it appeared to be a non-vital piece.