Madrix 3 Preview NOT match Light Outcome Result

This forum is assigned for bug reporting of Version 3.X. Please be as accurate as possible.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

hendrawinata

Madrix 3 Preview NOT match Light Outcome Result

Post by hendrawinata »

Hi all,

I am just making a trial to my Madrix Nebula with WS2813 LED strip in DEMO mode (Madrix 3). I noticed that the color effect I selected in the program and also what shown in the middle screen PREVIEW does not match the actual outcome of the LED shown.

For example, we pick RED and the result showed BLUE.

I changed three different PCs and Laptops and the result are still the same. Is this due to DEMO MODE or there's software or hardware problem?

I have read carefully through the demo mode limitation but there's no information regarding to color match issue.

I tried to search through the forum and found no clue... We are testing the best of MADRIX for sure before further investing in the KEY. Please assist.

Thx.
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Madrix 3 Preview NOT match Light Outcome Result

Post by Guertler »

Hello hendrawinata,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.

The explained problem is not based on the used MADRIX products. It is based on the used LED stripe. There are a lot of stripes on the market where the color order is not RGB. They are for instance BGR or GRB or GBR or even different.
In that case you will need to patch the correct fixture in MADRIX and it will work correctly.
According to your explanation you will need to use a fixture where blue is the first color. So you can try to patch the "!generic BGR Light 1 pixel" or "!generic BRG Light 1 pixel" for the connected LED stripe.

If you don't know how to create your own patch in MADRIX, please have a look to the following tutorials:
http://help.madrix.com/tutorials/html/i ... patch.html
http://help.madrix.com/tutorials/html/i ... xture.html
hendrawinata

Re: Madrix 3 Preview NOT match Light Outcome Result

Post by hendrawinata »

Ahhhh I get you. It is the matter of R and G and B arrangement. I will certainly make a try...Thx so much for the responsive feedback. Will post the update once have it a try