How to include new fixture??

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

alejandro094267

How to include new fixture??

Post by alejandro094267 »

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Hi everybody, i have a question i can´t solve. in my fixture editor i open madrix library. i make a new fixture (single rgb panne 16x16) when i try to save in c/ ... /madrix3/... don t let me.
I save it with another name in other folder and try to load this file then but not possible.
Last option was to change name in this file and put in to original route of madrix library file. when i execute madrix i can see my new fixture but when i try to use it madrix stop to work.

Any ide how can i include a new fixture in original library of madrix?
thanks a lot
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: How to include new fixture??

Post by Guertler »

Hello alejandro094267,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.

When you want to modify the original MADRIX fixture library on PC with "Windows 8" or newer operating systems, you have to start the "MADRIX Fixture Editor" in Administrator Mode. Now you can open the default MADRIX fixture library (madrix.mflx). This fixture library will be located at the installation directory of MADRIX.
After you have changed the fixture library or add new fixtures you have to save the library.
Now please restart MADRIX and you will be able to patch the added fixtures.

If you are not able to start the "MADRIX Fixture Editor" in Administrator Mode, you can start it normally, open the default fixture library, modify it and save it at another directory.
Now at the MADRIX side you have to change the directory of the fixture library. Therefor please go in MADRIX to "Preferences > Options" and select "Load Alternative Fixture Library" at the "Startup" tab. Now choose the desired fixture library and press "Open". After this step you can click "OK" at the "Options".
Please restart MADRIX and you will be able to patch the fixtures of the alternative fixture library
alejandro094267

Re: How to include new fixture??

Post by alejandro094267 »

Thank so much for the answer. sorry to be late. I try it