Madrix 2.14d - Can't control white channel in RGBW patch

This forum is assigned for bug reporting. Be as much accurate as you are possible.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

mattm

Madrix 2.14d - Can't control white channel in RGBW patch

Post by mattm »

Hi, I have just upgraded from Madrix 2.14b to 2.14d. Suddenly, I can't access the white channel in any of my programs or the default presets. I have confirmed that the patch I'm using is set to a color depth of 4 (that is, RGBW), but when I select any of the presets, the white channel is greyed out.

I tried switching the patch to RGB mode (color depth 3), saving it, quitting Madrix then reopening the patch, switching it back to RGBW (color depth 4) -- no luck.

For those presets I made under 2.14b that included white, I can still see the white values (they are not zero), and Madrix appears to be properly sending white information to them, but I can't modify the values -- the numbers are greyed out and can't be tweaked. Same for the fader pop-up -- it will show the correct value for the white channel but I can't move the fader or reset it.

Thoughts? 2.14b seemed to be working fine for me and I'm wondering if I should just revert back to that version.

I am running Windows 7 under Boot Camp.

Thanks,
Matt
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Madrix 2.14d - Can't control white channel in RGBW patch

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi Matt,

Thank you very much for your report!

In general, I would always recommend the newer version since it includes bugfixes (an possibly other improvements).

The Color Depth would be indeed the first thing to check, but since you already did so can I please ask you to send us your MADRIX Setup File (menu File > Save Setup As...)? I would like to check it here and get back to you asap.

If possible, please send it to info[at]madrix.com
Thank you very much!

Martin
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Hi Matt,

you are right. It is a bug in 2.14c and 2.14d.
Will be fixed in 2.14e.

Thank you very much for the report.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
mattm

Post by mattm »

Thanks for the update.

I'm sorry to hear it's a bug but glad it will get taken care of.

Do you have a sense of when 2.14e will be released? If it's only a couple of weeks I may just deal with not having a white channel for the time being rather than reverting to the older version. Unfortunately in the course of troubleshooting I repeatedly saved my setup under 2.14d, so I don't have a 2.14b-clean setup I can revert back to.

Regards,
Matt
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

The Setup will not be affected by this issue. So with 2.14e you can continue to work on your Setup from 2.14d.
Hopefully in a some days we are ready with 2.14e.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi Matt,

MADRIX 2.14e is now available.
Thank you!