Madrix with LED Video Wall (DVI patch?)

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

mtrichard

Madrix with LED Video Wall (DVI patch?)

Post by mtrichard »

Hi- I have previously been using MADRIX to supply motion graphics/FMV to a flexible LED video curtain. The setup for that system involved using an "LED T9" software to program the sending card box, then just plugging madrix into the laptop with cat5 to the network card.

I am considering buying a new video wall, and it does not use T9, but rather something called "NovaStar/Mars" to program the card- Also, it's a DVI connection- so I have yet to be able to get Madrix to output anything with this system.

Do I need to do a DVI patch? I was never really trained on this when I bought it, so I have little experience with the patch process. Thanks for any help. (the new video wall is 72x144 led rectangles).
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Madrix with LED Video Wall (DVI patch?)

Post by Guertler »

Hello mtrichard,
When you want to control a fixture which uses the NovaStar protocol you will need an additional sending card for this fixture.
You have to connect this sending card via DVI, HDMI, VGA with the second output of the graphic card. In MADRIX you have to create the patch with DVI fixtures and open a "Preview DVI" window (go to "Previews > Previews DVI 1") . Also you have to move the position of this external preview to the position where the sending card will grab the display.
In the following link you can learn more about the "Preview DVI" in MADRIX:
http://help.madrix.com/m2/html/madrix/i ... rless.html
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again!
Thank you.
mtrichard

Post by mtrichard »

Just to clarify, I do have the included sending card the video wall came with (I have one like we are going to buy on loan right now for testing). It's a separate box that connects via DVI and USB to the laptop- then cat 5 goes to the video wall to send the signal.

Is this all I need?
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello mtrichard,
You are right. You have to connect this external box via DVI with an output of your graphic card. In MADRIX you have to configure the "Preview DVI 1" that the external box can grab the signal from this Preview. That means you have to move the "Preview DVI "1 to the correct position where the box will grab the screen and also you must patch the right size of your LED Wall in MADRIX.
The USB connection is mostly used to setup the external box via an additional software which you will get from the manufacturer of this box.