How Pixel Control Nebula For SPI

ufuk_ari_can

How Pixel Control Nebula For SPI

Post by ufuk_ari_can »

i wanna learn how to calculate
-How much pixel control with Nebula? (each port 680rgb??)
-How can i chose Madrix Software for SPI IC or Leds?

for example;
i have 600.000rgb APA102
how can i calculate count of nebula?
and how can i choose which madrix software for this project?
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: How Pixel Control Nebula For SPI

Post by Guertler »

Hello ufuk_ari_can,
You are right. Every port of the NEBULA can control up to 680 RGB pixels. That means in total you can control up to 1360 RGB pixels with one NEBULA (2 x 680 Pixels per port).

It depends on the connected hardware and the created patch which protocol you will use. In case to use the MADRIX NEBULAs you will connect the MADRIX PC and the NEBULAs via Art-Net. In MADRIX you have to configure the Art-Net settings and create a patch for DMX fixtures.
What MADRIX version you will need depends also on what you want to output. In case to control the NEBULAs you will need a MADRIX KEY which unlocks the DMX and Art-Net output. This KEYs are the MADRIX KEY start (unlocks 1 DMX universe), entry (unlocks 4 DMX universes), basic (unlocks 16 DMX universes), professional (unlocks 64 DMX universes) and ultimate (unlocks 256 DMX universes).
Of course it is possible to connect more than one KEY to your PC. In that case MADRIX will unlock the combination of the connected KEYs.
Regarding your example:
When you want to control 600.000 RGB pixels you will need 435 NEBULAs (600.000 / 1380). To control such an amount of pixels you will need 14 x MADRIX KEY ultimate (435 NEBULAs x 8 output universes per NEBULA / 256 unlocked universes per KEY ultimate).
The amount of pixels in your example is very high. In case of so many pixels it is not possible to control it with one PC. In your special case we recommend to use 5 high power PCs.
ufuk_ari_can

Re: How Pixel Control Nebula For SPI

Post by ufuk_ari_can »

Thanks Guertler :)

I will change project :) I understand very clearly :D