Mapping Shapes

RockitFX

Mapping Shapes

Post by RockitFX »

Hello!

I am working on a new project & before I commit to Madrix I want to make sure that I what I need is possible....

I am installing RGB pixel tape around the perimeters of several parallelograms & triangles that are mounted to a ceiling, and I need a way to map them. The angles of the shapes are 30 degrees, 60 degrees & 90 degrees, there are no 45 degree angles. I am not sure how to map this in the software so that it works in real life. If someone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance,

Eric
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Mapping Shapes

Post by Guertler »

Hello RockitFX,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.

At the moment it is not possible to patch a fixture which consitis of more than one pixel in a freely rotated angle like 30 or 60 degree. But you will be able to create a patch of single pixel fixtures and you can set the position for every fixture individually. So you can create your desired patch.
MADRIX 5 provides also some auxiliary tool. So you can load a background image in the Patch Editor to create the patch accoring to the real situation. Furthermore you can import a fixtrue list (in CSV format). The fixtrue list you can export for instance form a CAD or a visualizer tool and import it in MADRIX. This file should consitst of the positions and the DMX addresses of the different fixtures/pixels.
Under the following links you can learn how you can load a background image and how you can import a fixture list in MADRIX:
http://help.madrix.com/m5/html/madrix/i ... image.html
http://help.madrix.com/m5/html/madrix/i ... mport.html

Please note: in some cases it is useful to create a patch not like the fixture assignment like in the real project. Instead of it will be patched like a rectangle asisgnment and you will get amazing creative effects as visual output.
You also can send us an e-mail with a sketch of the project and we can tell you what is the best way to patch it in MADRIX. Please send the e-mail to info[at]madrix[dot]com.
RockitFX

Re: Mapping Shapes

Post by RockitFX »

Thanks for the info, I'll try out your ideas!