Plexus: Master of the Universes

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Rincon

Plexus: Master of the Universes

Post by Rincon »

I’ve looked through everything Madrix/Plexus I could find, and can’t find an answer to this question though I’m certain it is there.

With six universes, using three Plexus units, how do you tell the master (Plexus one) to send universe 3 and 4 to Plexus two, and universe 5 and 6 to Plexus three?

Please also provide a link to the manual page with this info. Thanks in advance.
Schulze
Support
Support

Re: Plexus: Master of the Universes

Post by Schulze »

Hi Rincon,

The so-called "Master-Slave-Synchronization" allows you to trigger scenes simultaneously (at the same time) on several, different devices.

Here you can learn more about the "Master-Slave-Syncronisation":
http://help.madrix.com/m5/html/plexus/h ... rther.html
Rincon

Post by Rincon »

Okay, so perhaps I shouldn’t have used the term master and slave. I read that section. It doesn’t answer my question.

Based on your reply, Plexus will not split out and play multiple universes between several Plexus units. That function does not exist.

Is that correct?
Schulze
Support
Support

Post by Schulze »

Hi Rincon,

You need to have the different parts of your show saved as scenes on the different PLEXUS devices first.

Here you can learn more about the Art-Net configuration of the PLEXUS:
http://help.madrix.com/m5/html/plexus/h ... t_net.html

Now the Master-Slave-Synchronization takes care, that all scenes are played back at the right time.
Rincon

Post by Rincon »

I'm still hearing a "no". Plexus will not split out and play multiple universes between several Plexus units. Our conversation was a little convoluted, but I got the message. Maybe you can add that to the list of customer requested features. Thank you.

In case you will forward this to development, I'm asking this: Record a multi-universe show. Place the recording on Plexus #1. Tell Plexus #1 to play universe #1, while sending universe #2 to Plexus #2, universe #3 to Plexus #3, ad infinitum. No scene splitting required. No triggers required. Easy to create. Easy to update. Easy to install. So easy.
Schulze
Support
Support

Post by Schulze »

Hi Rincon,

Unfortunately it is not possible to distribute data from one PLEXUS to several other PLEXUS.

I'll reach out your feature request to our developers. Thank you!
OliVDB

Post by OliVDB »

Okay, good to know, we were talking about the possibility to do something like that with a friend, now we'll know.