Upgrading Neo to DVI entry?

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

veteze

Upgrading Neo to DVI entry?

Post by veteze »

Is it possibly to upgrade the Neo to DVI entry? Or do I have to go out and find a whole new key in order to do more than 170 lights?

I'm just figuring all of this out, converting my setup from custom made control software to Madrix and am coming up on these limitations. It would be nice if it was easier to upgrade. I didnt fully understand the limits when I bought the Neo but it all makes sense now.

I would like the DVI entry I think. That will let me do 4000+ pixels over artNet right? That should give me enough room to grow. Currently have about 400 WS2811 pixels and 288 Megabrite RGB modules all custom built together. I need to upgrade my key to handle this by the middle of next week.

What's the fastest way to do this!? I bought the Neo online months ago but I'm not sure if I have enough time to order a new DVI entry key before then. I'm in Toronto.

Thank you!
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Upgrading Neo to DVI entry?

Post by Guertler »

Hello veteze,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.
The MADRIX NEO is a small DMX interface which includes the license for one DMX universe.
It is not possible to upgrade the MADRIX NEO to get more than 512 DMX channels (one DMX universe) output.
With the MADRIX KEY dvi entry you will be able to control up to 4096 DVI pixels. With this version it is not possible to send data via DMX or Art-Net to the desired fixtures.
In your post you write you want to control 688 RGB pixels right?
688 RGB pixels means you will need 2064 DMX channels. That's are more than 4 DMX universes. Therefor you can use a MADRIX KEY basic (unlocks 16 DMX universes in MADRIX) or a combination of a MADRIX KEY entry and a MADRIX KEY start (unlocks together 5 DMX universes in MADRIX). Also if you have already bought the MADRIX NEO you can buy an additional MADRIX KEY entry (unlocks together 5 DMX universes in MADRIX).
To buy a MADRIX KEY in Toronto please contact our local partner:
Urban Visuals
182 Albany Ave
Toronto, ON M5R 3C6
T: +1 647 478 9195
info@urbanvisuals.com
http://www.uvilab.com