Hello I am the new guy.

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

tito

Hello I am the new guy.

Post by tito »

Hello everyone. madrix rocks..

I have a question about a set up.

I currently use Martin Lightjockey for most of my small to medium sized nightclub installations. I would like to integrate madrix into some of my installs. Now the question is,
which is the best way to dmx in to the madrix?

Does madrix support an interface that supports both dmx in and out like the elation compu live?

And would it be smart to run madrix on the same computer as the lightjockey with 2 touchscreen monitors or should set it up on different computers?
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: Hello I am the new guy.

Post by Wissmann »

Hi tito,
ok if i understand your request correct you have three main questions.
1. What is the best DMX-IN interface for MADRIX?
2. Is MADRIX able to work with the Elation Compulive interface for DMX-IN and DMX-OUT?
3. Is it possible to run MADRIX together with Martin Lightjockey on the same computer at the same time (with maybe two touch monitors).
In our opinion our MADRIX USBone is the best choice for DMX-IN for the MADRIX software because of the reason we developed it and MADRIX as well so it is in our hands to realize it works and are able to give the best support.
Regarding the Elation Compulive interface i can not tell you if it works.
Maybe it is one of the interfaces which runs with the dashard.dll (Sunlight, Daslight, etc).
If so, just download the latest release of MADRIX, connect the interface to the computer and check the device manager if you can see and use the interface.
Also you can check the physical output because since Version 2.7 MADRIX send data for testing interupted for a short periode after each minute.
To the last question i have to say, yes it is possible and below i will describe how it works, but i also want to recommend to use sepperate computers for Martin Lightjockey and MADRIX.
Our experiences in the past teached us it is mostly more affordable to spend only less money in a second computer (which have not to be so powerfull because it is only a small application as you told us) as like as to waste too much time if something of the following scenario do not work.
First of all if you have in mind to run MADRIX in addition to an other lighting control software onto the same computer you have to have own DMX interfaces for the two software solutions because it is not possible to share the DMX interface. Each software needs own hardware interfaces in the case we speak about USB to DMX devices!
So for example the Martin Lightjockey use the Elation Compulive interface (i have no idea if the Martin Lightjockey is able to do this) you can setup MADRIX in the options dialog in this way that MADRIX do NOT search for dashard.dll interfaces but searches for a differnt one for example ENTTEC, Soundlight or MADRIX NEO.
Next you have to think about the audio interface. If you want to use the Sound 2 Light and Music 2 Light effects from MADRIX, it needs a audio interface for capturing the audio data. Either the Martin Lightjockey needs no audio than there is no conflict or Martin Lightjockes needs audio so you have to test if the audio device support multiple destinations for live recording (capturing).
Using two touch screens, one for each software application is defenitly no problem you only have to take care about the number of ouputs of your graphics card ;-). But to improve the perfomance from MADRIX the use of Direct3D is very usefull therefore we recommend a graphics adapter which support Direct3D on booth ouputs with at least DirectX9 (Shader Model 3 is necessary). Ones you open the touch window from within MADRIX you can change the screen by using the Tabulator button on your keyboard.
Ok i hope this helps for the first.
Have luck!
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)