Madrix effect

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

ayaoye

Madrix effect

Post by ayaoye »

Hello!

Does anyone know how to make this effect?

https://vimeo.com/272455413
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Madrix effect

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi there!

Unfortunately, the link is not working.

Thanks.
hansolo

Post by hansolo »

now it looks
snaido

Post by snaido »

You need to create 2 fixture types in the fixture editor. One for RGB and one for the motor movement and speed. Add them to your matrix and separate them in groups so that you can apply different effects to color and motor in different layers and save them as presets. Hope this helps. We do them quite regularly.
hansolo

Post by hansolo »

hello, thanks for answering ..

this was already done but we still can not make the movement that appears in the video.
What is the effect in madrix that makes this movement?
snaido

Post by snaido »

looks like gradient animated in different sequential directions to me. Radar with an off center could also look similar.
hansolo

Post by hansolo »

hello!
Hi. I have tried the two effect options that you mentioned to me and none has given me the expected result, do you have any other effect that can provide me with the expected result?
schuetze
Developer
Developer

Post by schuetze »

Hi hansolo,

The movement in the video is basically a 3D plane with a smoothly rotating surface normal.

Thinking of it as a height map, I would suggest to use a linear gradient from white to black. With the aid of the map settings, you can then rotate the effect. The rotation can be animated automatically. You should also upscale the effect a little bit to avoid black corners when rotating.

I have attached a zipped Storage Place "Gravity.mspx" which demonstrates my approach.

Kind regards,
Matthias
Attachments
Gravity.zip
(1.71 KiB) Downloaded 4148 times