Auto cue start question

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

gherd

Auto cue start question

Post by gherd »

I am starting Madrix using a batch file. The batch file calls a saved setup. I need to use a batch file to start an mp3 file playing and load a different startup file for each song. Another words, each song I have has an associated batch file. When run it loads the song and Madrix with the setup file for that song.

I have been trying to get the cue to auto start but it wont. Is there a way to do this? I have selected 'start cuelist after loading the start setup' under options, startup.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: Auto cue start question

Post by Wissmann »

Hi gherd,
interesting setup you have ;-)
No the option you describe from the option dialog is within the startup option page and this mean this options are just for the boot sequence of MADRIX not generally for loading setups.
We allread know about this feature request and want to include a new loading setup option where you can decide if the cuelist should play or not.
For now i recommand to insert the following line into the InitSetup() function of the main macro for each setup you use.
CuelistPlay();
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
gherd

Post by gherd »

Thank you for the reply. I am completely new to Madrix. I found the macro section but am unsure where in it to place the CuelistPlay(); command.
this is what it looks like now:

@author="";
@version="";
@description="";

void InitEffect()
{

}

void PreRenderEffect()
{

}

CuelistPlay()
{

}

The setup or application I have is interesting. I have a suspension bridge with 142 LED fixtures on the main cables. The challenge is to create a touch screen interface mounted in a Kiosk that acts as a juke box. So each song played will run a different light show on the bridge itself.

Thanks for the help.

Greg
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

@author="";
@version="";
@description="";

void InitEffect()
{
CuelistPlay();
}

void PreRenderEffect()
{

}

void PostRenderEffect()
{

}
gherd

Post by gherd »

I inserted the info you provided into the script for the show I am working on, saved everything off and relaunched. THe new command does not show in the script after exiting and restarting. I did do a compile and save.
Greg
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Hi gherd,
sorry your last comment is a little bit difficult to understand.
I try to explain more detailed how it works with the Macro and so on.
Ok for using and editing the main out macro the macro editor is necessary.
After you wrote the first time the code i posted above you have to compile (just to compile) this code to see if it works or if there is something wrong (like a wrong command name).
If the code works, there is nothing more to do within the macro editor, you can close it and save the setup (this is important ;-) within the setup the main out macro is saved!
The "Compile And Save" option means the code will be saved as binary compiled data, therefor it is not possible to edit this code anymore after reloading it, only the meta data like author, description and so on are still visible.
I hope this makes the things more clear for you, if not do not hessitate to contact us again.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

some words to the InitEffect() function.
this function is only called one time, either after compiling the macro manuel or after loading a setup (which compile the macro for you). Therefor the InitEffect() function is the perfect place for the command CuelistPlay() in your case.
Because it is in your mind to start the cuelist automatically after loading the setup.
gherd

Post by gherd »

Thank you. This worked very well.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

As always, you are welcome ;-)