Slow down effect?

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

holoship

Slow down effect?

Post by holoship »

Hi,

I'm using S2L EQ Tubes to drive a large amount of neon tubes via dimmers (400 tubes spread over 144 channels).
The effect is pretty close to what I'm trying to achieve (the settings I'm using are - BPM 600, Fade 60, Use Level (db) and 144 bands.

What I'd ideally like the effect to do though is fade the brightness in as well as out (so instead of instantly going to full brightness when a band is on full, I'd like it to dim up to full brightness) - effectively 'softening' the effect.

Is this possible? If not, would it be possible through scripting?

Regards,

Dom Ellis
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: Slow down effect?

Post by Wissmann »

The S2L EQ Tubes Effect themself is not able to do what you have in mind.
Therefor it would be necessary to reimplement the effect behavior with the script.
Inside the script you get access to the S2L values over the SOUND_DATA_LEFT[] and SOUND_DATA_RIGHT[] arrays.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
holoship

Post by holoship »

Thanks for the reply Wissmann...
The standard effects seem to be hard-coded into the software - is it possible for you to let me have the S2L EQ tubes script so that I can modify it to do what I want as opposed to start from scratch?
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

In theory i like to do this, but i am affraid i am to busy here at work because of the development from MADRIX, so the question is how many time you have to wait?
holoship

Post by holoship »

Hi Wissmann,

The installation will be in mid-march, so realistically, a 2 or 3 weeks from now....
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

i am very sorry, no chance :-(
We are very busy because of our preperations for the ProLight&Sound in beginning of April where we like to release a new MADRIX version and a new interface.