madrix setup questions multiple controller and fixtures

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

wpdildine

madrix setup questions multiple controller and fixtures

Post by wpdildine »

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to do an installation of the madrix system and I have a few questions for setting everything up. First off, I've attached images of my concept to bring a level of clarity to my question and the best way to set things up.

First thing first I'm installing a grid of nichia strip light lights spaced at 4" apart covering a grid of above 10' x 53' going from front wall across ceiling wrapping down back wall. Additionally, I have 73 12" icolor stick lights that I would like to use along the lengths of the walls powered by at color kinetics pds-150. The nichia strip lights will be controlled using ART-NET. First question is will there be any issues using two different controllers through the madrix system? Can I just set everything up through a switch and not have any issues?

Next question -- While each of the Nichia light has it's own 3 channels each of the stick lights has 3 dmx channels. Conceptually, if I have a staggered wall placement as you can see with the renderings I made. What would be the best solution from controlling the entire system? Do I want to think of the entire system as an unfolded piece of paper and program the entire system based on the maximum pixel size? Thereby, treat each additional stick light as 1 more pixel in the system? Is there a way I could separately program the fixtures? Maybe through some scripting so I could theoretically program two different systems i.e. blackout the walls and have only the ceiling doing something. What would be the most effective and efficient way of controlling this system?

-Patrick

Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: madrix setup questions multiple controller and fixtures

Post by Wissmann »

Dear Patrick,

impressive rendering !

Yes you can control Art-Net and Kinet to the same time for the same setup with one MADRIX.
If you have only one network adapter at your pc your devices should be in the same network like 10.0.0.x
If this is possible realy depends on your devices if they are able to setup the ip range as you need it.

To you second question.
Yes all pixel can be controled individual by MADRIX.
First you have to create a patch, which means you setup a work space onto which MADRIX will render the content, into this workspace you place your LED Pixel (sounds like pixelmapping? Is pixelmapping ;-)
Than you can arrange for each Layer which part of the workspace is used for the effect, so with this you can setup differnet content onto different parts(fixtures).
Normaly scripting is not necessary for this task.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
wpdildine

Re: madrix setup questions multiple controller and fixtures

Post by wpdildine »

Thank you very much for your help. I'm trying to set up everything in the demo prior to the actual install so I know what I need to do!

-Patrick