<How to> link LED screen (new fixture)

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

simon.dong

<How to> link LED screen (new fixture)

Post by simon.dong »

Hi guys,

I have a LED screen which controlled by linsn system(purchase from China) the software i used was LED manager 10. now i want to use Madrix to control this LED screen. i have created a new fixture (module 8 x 8; 2R 1G 1B; DVI) configuration 3 x 6(total 24 x 48 pixel), the receiver card is cat5 interface. there is no display...anyone can help me?

Thanks
Simon
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: <How to> link LED screen (new fixture)

Post by Wissmann »

Hi Simon,
in the past there was two ways with the Lins hardware.
A PC card (or just a external box) which get a DVI signal form the monitor output. This card(or box) is configured by a serial conector cable with the software. After configuring the hardware the software was no more needed because the hardware just capture the information from the DVI signal.
For this case you have to open a dvi preview in MADRIX and have to position this preview at the location where your card (or box) expect the visual informations to capture.

The signals will be sended directly over the ethernet card of your computer.
In this case the receiving hardware was configured by the Linsn Software (we now LED Studio T9) and the Lins Software captures the screen and send the information by cat5 to the LED controler.
For this case you have to setup your hardware by the Linsn software, after this you could shut down this Linsn software and configure MADRIX with the Device Manager to send the T9 data by themself. (Please take a look into the manual of MADRIX). In this case no dvi preview is necessary.
I do not know the LED manager 10 so far.
So please try out if one of the ways i describe above will work.
If not, do not hesitate to contact us again.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
simon.dong

Post by simon.dong »

Hi Wissmann,

Thanks for your swift reply.
My LED screen come with one PCI card which for me to install inside my PC, it will link PC DVI signal to the card then split to my monitor and through cat-5 to the LED receiver card. then the LED receiver(hub) card will send the signal to LED module through cat-5.

what you mean is i still need to use the software provided by the LED supplier which is LED manager 9 or 10 to configure the LED by using .crg file. then i can open Madrix and play the effects on the DVI preview window which just cover my LED manager preview window just nice...

correct? I will have a try tomorrow...Thanks for your help
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Yes, sounds correct :D
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
simon.dong

Post by simon.dong »

Wissmann wrote:Yes, sounds correct :D
Hey Wissmann,

Thanks. It works fine.