<NEO> usage

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

simon.dong

<NEO> usage

Post by simon.dong »

Hi Wissmann,

Really thanks for your help. My LED works fine.

Now i have another issue with NEO. I have a customer who has a 36 x 9 RGB LED screen. DMX connection. I have to use 2 NEOs to support that 1024(36 x 9 x 3) channels. but the screen only come with one 5-pin DMX input and how should I link my 2 NEO together to drive the screen?

Thanks
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: <NEO> usage

Post by Wissmann »

Hi Simon,
MADRIX supports DMX-512A which means on one DMX universe you have 512 DMX channels. In case of using 3 channel (RGB) LED´s this means you can control up to 170 pixel with one universe (NEO).
Therefor, yes you have to connect two NEO´s to one computer by USB. Please use a active USB hub or connect the NEO´s directly to the computer.
Your LED screen have to be split in two parts. In your case for example 18x9 which makes 162 pixel.
But if your LED screen offer just one DMX plug for the whole 36x9 pixel it is either no standard DMX512A or you have to search the second DMX plug ;-)
What kind of fixture(s) is your LED screen?
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
simon.dong

Post by simon.dong »

[quote="Wissmann"][/quote]
Hi Wissmann,

You were right. there are 2 DMX line there i just plug into the NEO and design the patch. done...

In fact i found out that using NEO(DMX) interface is much easier than DVI as i have to let the computer recognize the LED first then open a DVI preview to display. Just that my Key Pro edition support HD LED. If i want to use NEO to support the HD LED. i need to get 4626 units of NEO. and that is crazy.

Anyway I have one more question about the cue list. it seems only can run one storage memory at one time. if i have a nice output by combine storage A11 & storage B12. how can i cue these 2 together in the cue list? i have tried many times. please help me.

Thanks
Simon
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Hi Simon,
there is no way running two storage places for the output to the same time.
You can mix a left storage place (A11 for example) with a right storage place (B12 for example) using the X-Fader.
If you have in mind to run two different effects at the same time on different parts of your LED´s use additional layer and map it with the MAP dialog to the region you are interestet in.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)