Looking to use Madrix with 3d scripts

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

dgm5186

Looking to use Madrix with 3d scripts

Post by dgm5186 »

Hello Madrix team,

I am looking for information, a tutorial, or a script file on using Madrix in a 3d effect fashion. I have seen videos of clubs on youtube that feature this capability but cannot find any information on how to program this, or just general information on it.

A little information about my array, it is simple, 4 strips by 16 strips hanging from a ceiling. Each strip roughly 4 meters long.

Can anybody give me any advice on how to program Madrix or does anyone have any script files I can use as templates?

Thanks in advance.

Dan
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: Looking to use Madrix with 3d scripts

Post by Wissmann »

Hi,
because MADRIX working in 2d you have to think in layers where each layer represent one z-plane.
In your case for example you have 4 z-planes each 16 by ? pixel. (lets say 20 pixel in hight)
Your matrix inside MADRIX would be 4x16 by 20 makes 64x20 pixel.
The first 16x20 Pixel will be the first z-plane the next 16x20 pixel (17-32) will be the second z-plane and so on.
Now you can work with the effects.
Some effects like a SCE Drop will work out of the box without any mapping other effects need aditional mapping or scripting to operate in a useful way on all z-planes.
So for example you choose a SCE Radial and map it with the tile option to the first 16x20 pixel than use the tile option repeat. With this you get a radial which is extrude into the depth.
And the last option is to operate with the MAS Script effect having the z-planes in mind.
However, creating effects with MADRIX for a 3d application is more complex like a standard 2d case but after a while you have some experience with it you will see it is not as much as complicated like it looks like in the first moment.
In my opinion, the most powerful effect is the SCE Color Scroll curently because of its X motion and X-Offset feature it allows a lot of different effects to create for 3d.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)