DVI question

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

gabrielefx

DVI question

Post by gabrielefx »

Hi,
I would like to know what are the differences between a video server and Madrix dvi installed on a powerful computer.
To create abstract 2d effects on 4 full hd matrix do I need Madrix dvi?
How many outputs handle Madrix?
Will you extend video features or Madrix has a different target?

regards
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: DVI question

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi Gabriele,

There is a big difference between a media server and MADRIX.

Usually, media servers can play back pre-rendered content (video files) and manipulate them. (others might argue that media servers might do also all sorts of other stuff, such as video mapping, etc.)

MADRIX on the other hand is able to create and render effects live in real-time. You can customize everything live and you can apply filters, mapping, scripting, etc. In addition, MADRIX can load video and image files as well.

So rendering live effects and playing back files is not the same. Media servers are actually quite different and have a different target.

You won't get MADRIX to play 4 Full HD matrices, because you won't find a computer that is powerfull enough. Of course, there are means and ways to provide beamers and projectors with content (through scaling for example or as you said using powerful computers).

Yes, MADRIX KEY dvi is a product that enables DVI output. But please remember that its license limits it to a resolution of 640x480, for example. Higher licenses can activate higher output, but then again we are talking more about the performance of the computer as a limit.

MADRIX offers mainly 2 DVI outputs with a lot of options.

Playing video files is part of MADRIX. But I cannot tell you how MADRIX will evolve in the future regarding this topic. But as you know, we are constantly improving the features.

In general, MADRIX has a different and unique approach to lighting control and creating real-time effects is a very large part of it.