3D & 2D in a single patch

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

densant

3D & 2D in a single patch

Post by densant »

I have this LED Walker Vertical tubes which are meant to have this wavy 3D effect, i was wondering with the new madrix 3 how i can do this. do i need to edit fixture to get it working?
In other words what would be the steps to make a 3D effect with the LED Walker tubes.(Vertical Tube - LW-RGBVT)
also i have in the same patch a bunch of LED panels, i was wondering if it would work.
Jesus saves, so should you!
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: 3D & 2D in a single patch

Post by Wissmann »

To create a 3D Patch with MADRIX 3 is the same child game as like as creating a 2D Patch.
Just select the fixture, in your case the Vertical Tube - LW-RGBVT, and enter the amount of fixtures (attention we talk about fixture not pixel!) you have in x,y and z.
So for example if hang 10x10 Tubes you have to enter 10 for x, just 1 for y and 10 for z.
Running 2D and 3D.
Also this is possible as like as running two different 2D matrizes. But take care because of z the patch size (virtual matrix) results in a lot of more Voxel/Pixel you maybe expect.
I give a short example.
Lets say you have a 80x40 2D matrix and a 10x10 Tubes matrix.
I recommend to set up the patch size to 80x40x11. And the first z plane patch the 80x40 2D matrix. At the rest left side the 3D matrix.
In total the patch size covers 35200 Voxel. Which are in DMX about 208 universes where only 30 universes are used by fixtures.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)