Access to Midi In with Scripting

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

gavspav

Access to Midi In with Scripting

Post by gavspav »

It would be very useful for me to have this.

It would be even more useful to have it by next week! :lol:

But seriously I think it would be a valuable addition.
Pinzer
Developer
Developer

Re: Access to Midi In with Scripting

Post by Pinzer »

Hi gavspav,

for the first look the idea sounds good, but it's not makeable in the way MADRIX works at the moment. The Problem is that midi is an event driven protocol. this means when you press a key on a midi keyboard an event command is sending to the pc and when you release the key then also a command is sending. The MADRIX Script on the other side is more an state driven machine, this means it runs in his own task and can ask if a key is pressed or not, but it can't react on the "keyispressed" event. so it could happend that you press a key on the midi instrument and release it and the script read the state of this key not between this events , then the script never get an knowledge that the key was pressed. And i think this is not that what you want.

I hope everyone can understand what i mean.
gavspav

Re: Access to Midi In with Scripting

Post by gavspav »

I think I almost understand that! Not sure how this differs from DMX data though, which is 'gettable' by a storage script.

How about being able to read the state/value of the modifiers which you can set remotely? I guess this would have the same issue?