Madrix with LED Curtain and video switcher

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

mtrichard

Madrix with LED Curtain and video switcher

Post by mtrichard »

Hi-

I own a 16'x6' 20mm LED curtain with a touring act. We purchased Madrix and have been using it to display all of our motion graphics, text, effects, etc.

We just obtained an LEDSync820C, which is an LED curtain video switcher that has in internal network card (the exact same setup as the LED curtain) so we can use live camera feeds on stage, as well as VGA and DVI inputs all sent to the curtain, live.

My question is, it APPEARS that since Madrix only has output options for DVI, Eurolite T9, etc..., I can't output to a "normal" video output, i.e. VGA or DVI (what the LEDSync820C takes.) All I can get to output through MAdrix right now is a live "screen cap" of the entire screen, with all the controls- I can't actally get the video window/output ALONE to output.

Any suggestions? I hope I was clear in my explanation. Basically, since the 820C works on ethernet output, I can't figure out a way to use Madrix along with it- (they want me to use LEDSHOWT9 for my video files, which I do NOT want to do, as I find Madrix to be SUPERIOR in it's interface and execution)

Thanks in advance for any ideas/suggestions!

mtrichard
InfiniteFX

Re: Madrix with LED Curtain and video switcher

Post by InfiniteFX »

Just in case others run across this same issue.
We were able to help Matt get this going. In this setup he has the 820c connected to the VGA port on his laptop. The computer sees the 820c just as a second monitor.
1. We set the LEDSync820C to scale the output down to the actual size of his screen (240 pixels wide by 96 pixels high) with the buttons on the unit. This way any input will be shrunk down to fit on the LED screen.
2. Configured the 820c's start position to be at pixel 0,0 using LED Show T9. It will capture starting at the top left of any input when set this way.
3. Set his computer's screen resolution to 1024x768 as required by his 820c.
4. Set the matrix generator in Madrix to the same resolution as his LED curtain (240 x 96).
5. Turned on DVI Preview 1 in Madrix by placing a check next to DVI.
6. Changed the DVI Window settings.
A. Set the "Window Position" to Left:1024 Top:0
B. Set the "Window Size" to Width:1024 Height:768.

With this setup, Madrix will output a full screen effect to the second monitor (where the 820c is plugged into). The 820c will capture that whole screen when it is set to "Full" mode on the front panel, and scale it down to fit on the screen.

Hope this helps if anyone else needs it.
InfiniteFX, LLC
http://www.ShowVisionLED.com