monocolor led matrix

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

vidiotbod

monocolor led matrix

Post by vidiotbod »

hello, i've been reading through your site and looking at how the system operates, however i'm a mac user, and as yet havent downloaded the software onto a pc to try out, but i wondered if you could assist in a question i have please?

I'm building a single color dmx led matrix, 8x8 pixels, with the intention of cascading multiple units totaling 4 universe's.

i was looking through the fixture editor manual, and i was wondering if it was possible to create a custom fixture that supports mono color installations? i see that its possible to control par cans etc by setting the color value between 0-255, but on the "fixture dialog" page of the .chm files, it makes reference to the "color Depth" of the pixels. since i dont have the software to use as yet, could you tell me if its possible to set the colour depth to 1, ie: 1 dmx channel, instead of the stated 3 for rgb and 4 for rgbw?

i know this would be a huge waste considering the power that this software has over rgb systems, but this is for a custom installation where only a single color led wall is required.

unfortunately my time scales are a little too tight to be able to build the system and code something in MAX/MSP to control it, and to be honest i'd never get anywhere near the control this marvelous looking software has!

i must say, you've excelled yourselves with this! well done!

cheers,

bod.
Pinzer
Developer
Developer

Post by Pinzer »

Hello,

First of all, sorry for the late reply, but at the moment we are working hard to get the next release of MADRIX ready to present on the Prolight+Sound 2008 next week.

To your question, of course is it possible to set the color depth of an fixture to one channel. In the standard MADRIX fixture Library exists a '1 Channel Light' fixture, wich you can use exact for this problem.

Last, thanks for your compliment to our software. It's nice to read such compliments and motivate us to develop it more and more.
vidiotbod

Post by vidiotbod »

nice one, cheers pinzer.

i was just reading your email about 2.3, sounds good! i like the midi control, it'll be interesting to try incorporating that into an A/V set of some sort.

the event this was planned for has now been posponed, so it'l give me a bit more time to play around with the new version if its out soon. keep it up!

cheers,

bod.