Update from madrix 2.x to Madrix 3

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

bart

Update from madrix 2.x to Madrix 3

Post by bart »

Hello and first of all i would like to sorry for my english.
Well, In our club we have Madrix 2.14e.
I would like to update to Madrix 3, but i have some questions.

Some company programmed the Madrix at the beginning. All deivces are set and all effects and lights working perfectly.
1) Set the devices are stored or do I have to program them again?
2) When I import patch file from Madrix 2, do I have mapping all devices again?
3) When I install new Madrix 3 (in other directory), can I export all devices, mapping and other setting (patch, etc) from Madrix 2?
4) When i install new Madrix 3 (in other directory), Madrix 2 is it still work?
5) The key of Madrix 2 is good for Madrix 3?

I will be grateful for your response.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Update from madrix 2.x to Madrix 3

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

1) It depends on your devices. Please see 3).

2) Please see 3).

3) MADRIX 2.14e provides an Export function. You can load your current MADRIX 2 Setup File and convert it. Then, you can load the converted Setup File in MADRIX 3. This Setup File will include the Patch (from your question 2), effects, mapping, and a lot of settings, also for devices.

You can also use the separate tool MADRIX 2 Restore to save your computer settings and load them into the MADRIX 3 Restore tool to apply them to MADRIX 3. However, I cannot guarantee that everything is converted 100%. For example, some effects of MADRIX 2 will be added to MADRIX 3 at a later date and are not yet available in MADRIX 3.

4) MADRIX 3 is automatically installed into another directory. MADRIX 2 will not be touched and will still work. You can either start MADRIX 2 or MADRIX 3.

5) If your MADRIX KEY is valid for MADRIX 3, depends on your purchase date. Please check out this link
to see if your key is valid: http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/h ... pdate.html

You can learn more about the 3.X update here in the section Important Information: http://www.madrix.com/en/home/products/ ... rix-3.html

I would recommend to download and install the MADRIX 3 Demo Version and test everything.

Please let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you.
bart

Re: Update from madrix 2.x to Madrix 3

Post by bart »

For example, some effects of MADRIX 2 will be added to MADRIX 3 at a later date and are not yet available in MADRIX 3.
Hello, It doesn't matter. The most important for me is save and move devices and setting of devices from Madrix 2 to Madrix 3. All effects and labels and Cue list, etc i'll create a new.

Thank you for help. If i have questions, I will tell you :)
Greetings from Poland :)