Filter for layers

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

trj222

Filter for layers

Post by trj222 »

Is there a way to filter each layer separately? I'm using Axio Air 25 midi controller and use the piano keys to black out everything or bump the lights to the music but it would be great if I could do this with each layer. I have my layers set up to control different parts of my nightclub and would like to black out and apply color filters to certain layers. Any advice? Thanks
trj222

Re: Filter for layers

Post by trj222 »

I want to add that I do realize there is a filter on each layer. But it would be impossible for me to black out and color change to the music with it. I'm looking for a way to do it with a midi controller.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi trj222,

The MIDI Remote Editor (the tool to adjust your MIDI configuration) contains quite some functionality for Layers.
You can
- adjust the Opacity (re black out)
- adjust the Submaster (re black out)
- set the Mix Mode
- set Blind Mode (re black out)
- set the Filter

You can set these settings for the currently selected Layer or for Layers 1 to 8.

So using a MIDI controller with buttons, faders or knobs , I think you have quite some possibilities there.

When using piano keys, this results in a certain use case. You could activate or deactivate a setting (for example, Blind Mode) or you could set it up to skip through a list up/down (for example, for Filters) or you could set a specific setting (a Filter, a Mix Mode).

Depending on your configuration, you should have the possibility to customize each Layer.

Is this what you were looking for?

Thanks!
trj222

Post by trj222 »

Yes it does answer my question. Thank you