Sound card for laptop

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

zeighty

Sound card for laptop

Post by zeighty »

Hi Madrix Team!

I run Madrix on a MacBook Pro with Bootcamp running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. I would like to use a ASIO compatible sound card. Of course it needs to be connected via USB.

Do you have any recommendations?

I am currently using a Sound Blaster x-FI Pro and it works okay, but I want to get the best performance I can.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Sound card for laptop

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi,

We don't have a special recommendation. We also cannot test every card that is out there, so an official recommendation is difficult.
But I would recommend to check which performance you are getting with your current card!
In MADRIX, please go to the menu Tools > Task Watcher. A new window opens with this tool and on the left hand side you can see the item 'Audio Capture'. You should already get a target value of 100! It already provides a lot of performance. With ASIO, you might be able to get a higher value, if you want to.
Basically, any ASIO card should work as long as they provide good support regarding solid drivers.
Thanks!
tn_khoa

Post by tn_khoa »

Hi,
I use Edirol UA 25 ex, it 's OK.
zeighty

Post by zeighty »

Thanks for the input. I looked for the card you use and it is only available used.
I trust the one in my MBP will be fine.
Thanks again.