Rotating LSD-50

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Bernd

Rotating LSD-50

Post by Bernd »

Hy folks,

I'm absolutly new to whole topic and until now, I just got one issue setting up interaction between MADRIX 2.8.1.0. and LEDShow 10.48.
I try to control two EUROLITE LSD-50 (32x48px). For architectural reasons I have to align them one after another getting a total resolution of 32x96px.
Basically it works so far.
I set up LEDShow with 1 LED (region:0,0,96,48; direction:'top-down') getting a 'landscape' format (know what I mean?). That Nice.
Now I use the matrix generator of MADRIX choosing the appropriate fixture. The count, I have to select should be x:1 y:2.
Now here is the problem. I'm not able to select the 'Main orientation' or 'Fixture rotation' so Madrix creates a 'portrait' format so the capture screen of LEDShow doesn't fit to madrix output screen.

So what can I do?

Best regards
Bernd
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: Rotating LSD-50

Post by Wissmann »

Hi Bernd,
first a warm welcome to the MADRIX comunity.
I hope i understand your issue correctlly.
However, I try to explain the issue with the LSD and the LEDShow T9 for your case.
LEDShow t9 is developed to realize a onscreen capturing for example, which means the content of your screen will be translatet to your LSD Led´s.
This mapping is always a 1:1 conection. The LSD´s have to have set up in the original orientation. So of cource you are able to rotate the real fixture but the LEDShow T9 Software does not take care about this fact.
If you set up two LSD50 one over the other you have to set up in T9 a resolution of 32 for x and 96 for y (32x96) and it will work. If you now rotate the real fixtures at all it will still work but the content will be rotated.
So it is not possible with T9 to mount two LSD50 one over the other and tell LEDShow a resolution of 96 for x and 32 for y (96x32) to get a landscape look.
You have to manipulate the content counterwise to the real fixtures so it will fit.
Using MADRIX for the LSD is the same. You have to use the LEDShow Software to configure your AIO driver for the LSD´s. But after this you can close LEDShow and it is not necessary to run it in Background for capture purpose.
Inside MADRIX you patch two LSD50 one over the other like you have done. Than you have to create a DVI device inside the Device Manager on the DVI Output page. (See the MADRIX manual how to do this).
However until now (until we finished the DVI patching which is in progress) you have to run a 32x96 resolution matrix and must rotate the content counter wise to the real fixture rotation.
How to do this?
A lot of effects already take care about all directions so it is not a big deal.
The SCE Bitmap and the SCE Video effect can rotate the content by themself about 90, 180 and 270 degree.
For all other, just go into the map dialog and use the rotate function.
Ok, i hope this helps you.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
Bernd

Post by Bernd »

Hy Wissmann,

thanks for receiving me to the community and for your explanation. I will give it a try the next days (hopefully).
So your reply meta data say you are located in Germany?
So next conversation could be in german?? Would be easier for me, too. ;)

Regards / Viele Grüße
Bernd
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

yes i´m located in germany and it is possible to talk with me in german language ;-)
But if possible i like to talk in english here in the forum so more people can take part of the discussion.
Bernd

Post by Bernd »

Hy,

so I was able to implement your proposals these days. I have set up the two LSD-50s as you've said. Then I have configured madrix so far and I use the map dialog for rotating the display content (f.ex. Scrolling Text).

There is one thing left, I don't understand, because maybe I don't understand the philosophy of madrix...
So I set up my LEDShow getting a 'portrait' capture window
(32x48 doubled = 32x96).
In Matrix Generator (F2) I choose the corresponding fixture and set Y-Count to 2.
I didn't touch the Patch Screen's settings (F3). IMO these settings are ok.
So now I wonder, why the output preview of madrix doesn't have the same dimensions like the LEDShow's capture window. So again the output view of madrix and LEDShow's capture window doesn't match exactly 1:1 , although I did expect it, because Madrix knows the dimensions of the LSD-50 as I set them in the Matrix Generator. (Also you told that in your post, didn't you?) So I ask myself , if I have got an error in reasoning? Do I always have to manually set the Mapping of every effect I create to get the 1:1 match?

Maybe the following screenshot may help understanding my setting and let you see a mistake in my configuration.

http://smart-solutions.bplaced.net/screenshot1.jpg

Thanks
Bernd

One more thought: Do I have to regard the display resoultion of the OS GUI in any way?
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Please send me your setup to info(ad)madrix(dot)com so i can take a look over.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

If you have in mind to use the onscreen capturing you have to use the dvi previews in MADRIX which are aditional previews to the three internal.
These extern dvi previews take care about the exact size regarding the patch.
The internal previews scale it up or down regarding the GUI.
But if you are using T9 it is not necessary to use the external previews and the T9 software anymore.
After you setup your LSD AIO controlers with the T9 software and after you setup the T9 inside MADRIX (device manager -> dvi devices) you need no more running the T9 software and no aditional dvi preview is necessary.
The mainpulating of the content is necessary for each layer you use.
Bernd

Post by Bernd »

Hy Wissmann,

thanks again for your reply... I will check that asap, especially your hint with the extern dvi. That was new for me, although I can truely imagine, that this is mentioned in the manual somewhere ;)

Thanks and I keep you informed

Bernd