Midi controllers

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

alexbeim

Midi controllers

Post by alexbeim »

We just started using Madrix and it is a really nice piece of software.
Something I would really like is to have a way to map any midi controller and in my own way. We tried using a Behringer controller but things were mapped in a way that way that was useless to us.
We use VDMX (mac) very often and it has great feature, you connect any midi device then right clicl on the onscreen button or slide that you want to affect and you choose listen to midi, you press the button or move the slider on the controller and presto. Your app works with your mid mapped device.
I think this would allow people to create their custom controllers (which we have done) and also it would be a lot less work for you guys having to pre-program every single midi controller out there.
The other great benefit is that it would be great for creating interactive art installations that could easily control madrix through midi.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: Midi controllers

Post by Wissmann »

Dear alexbeim
i do not knwo if you have seen that we have released a new MADRIX verison V2.10 on Friday the 8th of October.
With this version you are able to map by yourself any kind of midi controller, not in the way you described, but it is possible.
So please take a look onto the new midi page inside the device manager from MADRIX and the onto the MIDI Remote Editor.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
alexbeim

Re: Midi controllers

Post by alexbeim »

we saw it later that day. I think this it better but still pretty cumbersome to setup your midi controller compared to other software.
Thanks for the update anyways