Updating fixture in a Patch

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

steve@eoslightmedia

Updating fixture in a Patch

Post by steve@eoslightmedia »

Hello,

I'm trying to swap out fixtures in a patch; however, i can't seem to access a fixture library once the fixture has been set in the patch.

I have tried to use the Fixture Editor to change the settings of the fixture. But this does not update the currently placed fixture it only allows the new fixture, with the new settings to be added.

Basically, I need to be able change out Fixture A with Fixture B while maintaining the location of Fixture A in the Patch.

Please Help!
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: Updating fixture in a Patch

Post by Wissmann »

Currently MADRIX saves the used fixtures in the setup separatly, this has the advantage that you can load a setup which use fixtures you have maybe not in your fixture librarie.
This means also if you change a fixture inside the library with the Fixture Editor this takes no effect onto the fixtures you allready use in your setup / patch.
The possibility to replace fixtures within the patch is what we are still working on and which will be finish to the MADRIX release for the ProLight & Sound 2011.
So for the moment you have to replace the fixtures by your own. (Removing the old and add it again).
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
steve@eoslightmedia

Post by steve@eoslightmedia »

thanks for the reply,

the reason i asked is that my patch is for a large chandelier and is complicated: 500 4 channel lights placed on a 360x40 pixel grid.

glad to hear that you guys are continuing to develop the software. I will upload photos/ video of the installation when it is complete next month.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

I understand...
But sounds great when it will be finished!
And yes send pictures !!! :-)
For sure we develop MADRIX for the next years!
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)